Thinking your parents might like your dog more than you? Well, you’re probably right. Let’s face it – they’re always excited to see your parents and never complain about those embarrassing outfits and photos your mom breaks out every now and then. If you hadn’t realized it yet, you’re sure to have a little envy for the love those puppers get after reading through this list.
1. They greet the dog before saying hi to you.
2. Your dog gets organic dog food and you’re stuck eating cereal.
3. They tell you you’re sitting in your dog’s spot on the couch.
4. Your dog’s name is on everything at Grandma’s house.
5. They ask for the dog’s opinion before they ask for yours.
6. They’ve taken the dog to the beach more times than you’ve ever been.
7. They ask you not to eat any of the rice and chicken they cooked for the dog.
8. The dog has a better chance of being brought on the family vacation than you do.
9. The dog gets to ride in the car all the time but Dog forbid you ask to borrow it.
10. They leave the television on for your dog when they leave the house but turn off the lights in the room you’re sitting in to save energy.
11. Your dog’s photo is their cellphone background.
12. And Facebook profile picture.
13. Your Mom wears their initials instead of yours.
14. Your dog is forgiven for things like this while you’re in trouble for leaving out the milk.
15. They read more dog training books than they ever did parenting ones.
16. Your dog has taken your place on the holiday card.
17. Those extras $20s your Dad used to slip you stopped coming – they now fund chew toys.
18. Your dog’s things take up more room than yours.
19. When the dog barks they go running but when you’re yelling they tell you to wait a minute.
20. Your dog can do no wrong. Seriously, they can get away with things like this and somehow it’s fine.
21. Your dog gets a birthday party while you just get a text.
22. Your parents posted more pictures of your dog’s graduation than your own.
Featured image via @karaatkins