Looking to expand (and we do mean e-x-p-a-n-d) your family with a new addition? Consider the pig. Intelligent, clean, noble — and often in need of adoption — pigs make terrific pets and, with the proper introductions, can integrate smoothly into households that already include other animals. In fact, we wager that your dog would be paws-itively ecstatic to have a pig join the pack!
1. Pigs are great smoochers.
“IIIII love to love you, baby.”
2. Pigs can open gates.
“Let’s bounce out of here quietly and hope no one squeals.”
3. Pigs share their snacks.
“Broccoli, though? Next time let’s get some real food up in here.”
4. Pigs loooooove to play.
“Snack Pak is the biggest ham.”
5. Pigs make snuggly nap buddies.
“There’s no lullaby like a boar snore.”
6. Pigs distract humans during bathtime.
“Snack Pak, you entertain her while I nab the treats.”
7. Pigs are amazing fashion inspiration.
“Love your sty-le, Esther.”
8. Pigs have awesome smiles.
“Even when she’s sleeping, Snack Pak is the happiest little piggy.”
9. Pigs are delighted to help torture the cat.
“Canine + Porcine > Feline”
10. Pigs are 100% on Team Bellyrub.
“Careful, her ribs are ticklish!”