Summer’s finally in full swing, which means long hot days, lake trips, and of course, baseball!
If baseball is America’s pastime and dogs are man’s best friend, then it is only natural that dogs love baseball as well. Here are a bunch of pups who can’t wait for baseball season– even if they don’t quite understand it. 😉
1. This eager Golden loves to help out his favorite team by serving as the bat boy…I mean bat dog.
2. Even though summer is here, games during can still be cold. Luckily this pup has a nice jacket to keep him warm.
3. With his amazing leaping and catching abilities, this dog hopes to be drafted next season by his favorite team, the New York Muts.
4. Sometimes dogs want to get in on the action so much that they take to the field! This pup has the speed to be a great center fielder.
5. Trotter the French Bulldog supports her Giants every chance she gets.
6. Unfortunately, some pups have a hard time telling real baseball from video games. The results are hilarious.
7. This dog loves the view from the upper deck!
8. These dogs always get excited for “Take Your Pup to the Ballgame.”
9. “Hey, they might not be the best seats, but I’m hoping to catch a home run ball…then bury it when we get home.”
10. Of course, when you attend a game, one must enjoy the food delicacies available! After this pup found out that a “hot dog” wasn’t what it sounded like, he devoured it.
11. The umpire is kindly letting this dog know that he can’t obstruct the base path while the game is in play.
12. The first time at the ballpark is always a momentous occasion…and the photobomber at the bottom is pretty great as well.
13. Some dogs have the most loyal baseball player owners. When pitcher Mark Buehrle was traded from Miami to Toronto, he said he would play there but wouldn’t call it home. That’s because his American Staffordshire Terrier is banned in the province of Ontario, which includes Toronto. Buehrle loves his pooch!
14. Although still young, this puppy is well on his way to become a great ball player!
15. Of course, this. I mean, what else can I say? This is just pure greatness.
16. Some dogs are already so famous, they have been immortalized with a bobble head doll! Pitcher David Price’s dog Astro is a fan favorite.
17. We must always remember the dog that pioneered the way for pups in sports. He is a Hall of Fame basketball, football, soccer, volleyball, and baseball player.
Featured image from People Pets.