Dogs are well-known for being opportunistic when it comes to food. My dog Daisy has been known to eat an entire block of cheese or an entire banana within seconds, so I know these faces all too well. I have a feeling that some of you might be able to relate, too.
1. If you are even a minute late with dinner.
2. And sometimes it’s not even close to time for dinner.
3. You know what happened to the rest of this sandwich.
4. Your dog can’t be trusted alone with anything. Not even a toy bone.
5. You don’t technically even need that dishwasher.
6. It always amazes you how they can swallow things without. even. chewing.
7. You never have to worry about eating alone. And if you are eating alone, you are very suspicious.
8. When they try to sneak away with something and you’re standing right there.
9. Your dog gets super excited just at the thought of possibly getting a treat.
10. You and your dog don’t get invited to a lot of parties.
11. You probably have a backup plan for holiday dinners – just in case.
12. At least you never worry about cleaning up messes off of the floor.
13. You learn to put everything wayyyy back on the counter.
14. And even then, sometimes that is not good enough.
15. You have child locks on all of your cabinets and doors. You don’t have any kids.
16. You have seen this face more than once and still have no idea how she got into the spaghetti sauce.
17. But we love them SO much that sometimes we do let them have a little cake.