Welcome to BarkBites! Each week we’ll show you how to whip up a quick, easy, and delicious treat for your pooch. What are you waiting for?! Let’s get cookin’!
This week we’re making Mini Quiches with lean ground beef, delicious veggies, and farm fresh eggs! These eats are the perfect treats for when your pup is feeling extra fancy.
– 1 Cup Broccoli
– 2 Small Carrots
– 1# Lean Ground Beef
– 1 Cup Gluten Free Flour
– 1 1/2 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Stock
– 3 Eggs
– Oven-safe Tartlette Dishes
– Get your vegetables into Fido-shape by giving them a fine chop. Combine with 2 of your eggs and stir well before mixing in with your cooked ground beef.
– In a large mixing bowl, combine your wheat flour, chicken stock, and the remaining egg. Mix well and then knead into a firm dough. Pat your dough out on a floured surface and cut into rounds.
– Use your fingers to press a round into each tartlette dish, turning and pressing the dough into shape as you go. Use the excess dough to cut out small shapes to top your quiches with.
– Divide the egg/beef/vegetable mixture between your tarts and transfer them to a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes and allow to fully cool before giving to your dog to enjoy!