Adoptable dogs + dresses + dancing =
This summer, BarkPost partnered with pup-lovin’ designer Rachel Antonoff to host the first annual Puppy Prom – a fun, themed pop up adoption event! There was dancing, booze, a puppy prom court filled with adoptable pups, ridiculous prom photos and more — all to benefit the pups of Animal Haven – an NYC animal shelter.
Here were the 10 BEST things that happened at the first annual Puppy Prom:
2. Designer Rachel Antonoff was a stellar hostess…
…and her sweet pup, Lafitte, was a pawfect gentleman!
3. Dogs in Tuxedos and Tutus. ‘Nuf said.
4. Pups AND humans brought their A game to the photo booth.
5. Owners coordinated matching outfits with their pups.
6. Seriously, the swag levels were unmatched.
7. There was a wagnificent t-shirt made just for the occasion by Rachel Antonoff and artist Julia Pott!
8. Snoopy took a break from filming The Peanuts Movie to spread the ruv to the adoptable dogs at the Puppy Kissing Booth…
… humans couldn’t resist getting in on the smooch action, too. 😉
9. Celebs from the dog and human world graciously showed up to lend a paw to the cause!
10. And the best part?! People spent the entire night dancing and pawtying with their pups, all in the name of Animal Haven and the six adoptable cuties on the prom court, many of whom have applications in for adoption! I mean, just look at Bluesy mugging for the camera! Who’s gonna be the lucky human to add him to their pack?
Thanks for an unforgettable night, Rachel and Lafitte! It was a fantastic first Puppy Prom!
Interested in adopting or fostering a pup from Animal Haven or making a donation? Check out their website!