Pumpkin spice season is upon us, and what will they think of next? Pumpkin spice soda? Pumpkin spice steak seasoning? Aside from its insane popularity each Autumn, pumpkin is actually very healthy, and a great Organic food to introduce into your dog’s diet. Give it a whirl this Halloween with these dog-licious pumpkin donut treats brought to you by the Paw Street Barkery in Chicopee, MA.
Pumpkin Donut Dog Treats
**Recipe as published on WWLP
16 oz Quick Oats
4 oz pumpkin purée
8 oz water
4 oz non-dairy yogurt chips
2 Tbsp Canola Oil
1 oz carob chips
2″ diameter circular and 1/2″ diameter circular Cookie Cutters
1. To the mixing bowl, add water, pumpkin purée and oats.
2. Mix until a dough mixture is formed.
3. With the rolling pin, roll the dough out to about a 1/2″ thickness.
4. Using the larger circular cookie cutter, cut the treats out and place aside.
5. Once all of the larger circles are cut, use the small circular cutter to cut out the center hole of the donut.
6. Place all fully cut donuts onto the baking sheet.
7. Bake at 375F for 40 minutes, or until the treat feels hard to the touch.
8. Let the treats cool.
9. In a separate small bowl, place the yogurt chips and canola oil.
10. Melt the yogurt mixture in the microwave for 1 minute, and then mix until uniform.
11. Place the carob chips onto a small place and using a sharp knife, chop the carob into small pieces that will act as the sprinkles.
12. Using a butter knife, spread the melted yogurt onto the top of the donut.
13. Flip the treat upside down and press the yogurt into the carob pieces.
14. Place the treats into the freezer for 2 minutes to allow the yogurt to harden.
13. These treats will last a week in the fridge.
H/T to wwlp.com
Featured Image via playbuzz.com