After millennia of living side-by-side with humans, dogs can look astonishingly like us. Dogs bring out the best in us, but what happens when they look like our very worst?
Behold, 13 dogs that bear an uncanny resemblance to violent dictators.
1. This Schnauzer looks like Joseph Stalin, Premier of the Soviet Union
2. This obese Beagle looks like Francisco Franco, Caudillo of Spain
3. This Visla puppy looks like Kim Jong Un, Supreme Leader of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
4. This Maltese looks like Robert Mugabe, President of Zimbabwe
5. This irritated Chihuaha looks like Omar al-Bashir, President of Sudan
6. This Pug wearing a fez looks like Suharto, President of Indonesia
7. This Chihuahua wearing sunglasses looks Augusto Pinochet, President of Chile
8. This Yorkshire Terrier looks like Nikita Khrushchev, Premier of the Soviet Union
9. This Pug sitting on a chair looks like Pol Pot, Prime Minister of Democratic Kampuchea.
10. This Shih Tzu looks like François “Papa Doc” Duvalier, President of Haiti.
11. This Silky Terrier looks like Mao Zedong, Chairman of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China.
12. This Pug looks like Benito Mussolini, Duce of the Italian Social Republic.
13. This King Charles Spaniel looks like Oliver Cromwell, Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of England, Scotland and Ireland