Taking photos of dogs is no joke. It may seem deceivingly easy to someone who follows a couple hundred Instagram-famous pooches, but the average person who doesn’t own a dog that’s a model should find these photos pretty familiar.
2. “That moment” that you end up capturing is this one.
3. Photos with flash? Forget about it.
4. There’s always that one dog that gets up and ruins the shot.
5. They always get camera shy at the wrong moment.
6. Every photo of them looks like a tagged Facebook photo.
7. You think your dog is doing something cute, snap a shot, and this is how it turns out.
8. I like to call this one the “WHAT IS THAT CAN I EAT IT” face.
9. Who has time for selfies when your human has tasty crumbs in her lap?
10. They don’t like it when you catch their bad side either.
11. And their face always looks like they just accidentally turned on the front facing camera.
12. Sit still? NOPE.
13. Look adorably into the camera? NOPE.
14. Take a flattering action shot? NOPE.
15. Yep, there’s a dog in this picture. #BlackDogProblems
16. If you have a dog and a cat, then your job is doubly difficult.
17. And if you thought that using treats to bribe them would work, you probably thought wrong.
19. And your majestic vacation photos? Not on these dogs’ watch.
20. Getting one dog to sit still is a feat. Getting nine to should go into the Guinness Book of World Records.
21. Want to try using some props to make the photo funnier? Don’t even think about it.
22. But hey, at least you tried.